Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Monthly Geeky Vol. 4 - BlackBerry Storm - From The View Of An Un-Owner

Some time ago I've been behind the BlackBerry Storm. Now I see the task of speaking a little of this phone and make deductions if the phone would be delivered from the clutches of Verizon Wireless.
 

I present the BlackBerry Storm
First of all I must mention the series models of Blackberry Storm. The Blackberry Storm series were launched in the second half of 2008, as part of RIM's answer to Apple's iPhone, G1, HTC / Google / T-Mobile and Palm PRE.
It is the first BlackBerry to be completely touch screen, QWERTY keyboard and numeric, both virtually. There are two models within the series, the 9500, which has a capacity of 128MB internal memory, Quad-band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM / GPRS / EDGE networks, Single-band: 2100 MHz UMTS / HSPA networks, 3.2MP Camcorder. The Model 9530 has the same characteristics in addition to CDMA / EvDO. In 2009 it launched the series Storm 2, which aside from being improvement of the previous series, Storm 2 now have WI-FI capability.

Initial problem and disturbing
I think they'll know where I go from here.The phone is launched to be an alternative to the boom of touch phones with complete electronic interaction, I ask myself the following questions, why is not as diversified as it is supposed to be?. The answer for those who do not know, the U.S. case, Verizon Wireless won a exclusivity with the Storm, specifically with the 9530 series.
As a result, since the only way you can get is by buying them directly without a contract or someone who may supply or just a little walk by eBay. But from there develops a problem with something that looks stupid. If there is the option to unlock, but really need to do additional modifications to the phone to be fully functional.

Investigating the new problem
Before entering full, would like to say that if they buy on eBay for a price not bad for everything included. Having come for some time, I had a bad feeling and I took the phone to verify. I was told that the phone had evidence that was wet and quickly made the claim.
The problem is that I used a shield that the seller gave me a new package, and then you will know who did not return the full amount of my money. But that was all, after searching and re-Biscar on the net, I realized something related to the changes.
First, the services address books or libraries, which only mobile provider and phone understand, are aimed at all you have to do with Verizon. There is nothing special, but during the process, which speak directly of interest to you, I realized that the phone will not work 100%, something for someone fastidious and somewhat "cranky" with my things, for I can not ignore.
I emphasize that this is based on my desire to have my T-Mobile account with a Storm, to other providers, have to check how they should change the phone correctly.

Review of people who have made the "azan
I've seen people make blogs and videoson YouTube of his experience after the Storm have unlocked and working with its suppliers. So far I have seen positive results within the framework that are not my phones and I never experienced when I had the opportunity. But I realized that I have seen complaints that each new version of OS Storm 1 is becoming less friendly to the EDGE signal, which in my case I would play in the case of T-Mobile and to make matters worse , the day arrives for T-Mobile 3G, the Storm will not be able to receive it because the configuration is T-Mobile is not compatible with the Storm, or so I've read more than once different sources.
 
Where am I going ....
Where am I going with this is on one side economics. I have not answered that question at heart. Is it worth risking again, especially since I left and went missing? I do not think that is my position that I am clouded by Blackberry tuning. On one hand I do not think it worthwhile if I can not use the phone at full capacity.On the other hand I throw the risk, because I think it would be a good time to break this "paradigm" as I call him. Sometimes I like to think of the "cache" as a typical human being who I am I because my materialistic tendencies. I also have my hopes centered on two things.
  1. To verify the rumor that T-Mobile in Europe will begin selling the Storm. I say that not only was the fact that it is T-Mobile, but I think it would be more accessible for those who like Storm in their companies, it is easier to change from there first find someone who is fed up with Verizon and now re-sell .
  2. The BlackBerry Magnum Dakota or it looks interesting, but only what's already been published on by my friends of BlackBerryPR.net and we are in expectation.
But it is still early to say if it would see a day that Verizon will not be exclusive provider of the Storm, at least this year I do not.
I hope you enjoyed this analysis or rather a materialist stress release for me.:-)
Thanks to BlackBerry Puerto Rico for listing my article and adopt me as a contributor author!

Note: Since I made the approach via Twitter to @ TMobile_USA about whether a rumor that T-Mobile Europe would finally take the phone, but the response was that nothing is official.

0 comments:

Post a Comment